Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 4: I joined a running club!

I've never been comfortable calling myself a runner. I DO run, I just run slowly.  In fact, it was two years ago from this day when I ran my first 5K. Since then, I've completed a handful more 5Ks and even two 5 mile races. What I love about running is that it is very personal. I love racing against my own time and working towards improving my personal best. Ok, I love running only when I've been running.  When I've been training for a few weeks I feel good! I get the runners high, and have no problem motivating myself for my next run. However, when I've taken a few weeks.....or months.... off, I hate it. It's SO hard for me to get back going again. Since winter is coming soon, I had started looking for ways that I could motivate myself to say active through the brutal cold and snow (besides shoveling of course!) I wasn't necessarily looking into run clubs, but when I saw The Balanced Life Run Club it just seemed like the perfect opportunity! It did cost me $27 to join, but 10% of the proceeds are donated. Also, now that I paid for it I have another reason to actually stick with it and participate!



As apart of this running club I will be jumping back into my C25K runs at week six and try to regain some of that endurance that I lost. Today I was able to complete my run but I sure did struggle!

I am so much looking forward to what this group of ladies has to bring! I've already been so motivated by hearing other people's stories and about their relationship with running. It's going to be great.

Have a great night!
-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Best of luck with your training!! It will be so exciting when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete