Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 3: Who's perfect? My 4 minute workout

Hello there again! I've already missed a few blogging my 31 days and it's just the beginning! But who's perfect right? The weather up here has been pretty nasty the last few days. Cold, rainy, and even some snowy rain. I'm not going to call it the first snow of the year yet because it was more like slush, but it's coming soon!

The latest weather was definitely NOT motivating me to get my move on. Snuggling up with coffee and movies just sounded so much better :-) Yesterday we did end up getting out of the house a bit. The hubby is really into 'Jeeping' so we took the Jeep up north with some friends to hit the back trails and look at all the beautiful colors.


It was an amazing time, but I did spend the majority of my day sitting on my butt. We even hit up Applebees 1/2 off apps afterwards so by the time we got home I was SO ready for bed. But then I thought, "Crap, I made a goal to do SOMETHING everyday, and I can't miss two days in a row!?" and after missing the first day out of pure laziness (it happens right?) I decided to bust out my 4 minute Tabata Kettlebell workout.

I don't remember when I first heard about Tabata, but now it's become a regular for sneaking in a very quick workout at the end of the day. With any Tabata workout, you choose a high-intensity exercise, in my case I did kettlebell swings, work HARD for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and repeat that sequence for eight rounds. I even use a Tabata app on my phone that tells me exactly when to start and stop. I love it. Even though it only takes 4 minutes, I really feel like I had a longer workout the next morning. If you're interested, you can learn a bit more about Tabata here.

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment