Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day of Surgery

I had my surgery on November 25th at Marquette General Hospital. Micah (my husband) was with me the whole time and sure was a trooper! He didn't want to get a room someplace so he ended up staying in my hospital room for two whole nights. He continued to be his silly self and played dead every time I tried to get a picture of him!



Here is me before the surgery, and before the drugs :P All psyched up and ready to go.




The surgery took about 1.5 hours and the doctor told me that it went very well. I did have some severe nausea from anesthesia and pain meds that caused me to spend an extra night in the hospital. They wanted to make sure that I could keep myself hydrated before they sent me home. I am actually quite grateful for that extra night. I felt pretty miserable and was very anxious because I wan't sure what my body was trying to tell me. Eating felt so weird, I wasn't hungry AT ALL, and I was even a little afraid to try to eat. I do admit, there were many times in the hospital were I thought "Crap, what have I done!" but my confidence grew as I started to feel better. I was so afraid that I would feel nauseous permanently and throw up every time I tried to eat. Eventually the food started staying down and I got to go home. Below is a picture of the view from my hospital room.





Overall it went very well and I couldn't say enough about how awesome my doctor and nurses were! They were so supportive through this whole process and I can't thank them enough for giving me this second chance at a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment