Sunday, November 24, 2013

Tomorrow's the Day!

My surgery date is tomorrow and I'm so full of nervous excitement! I arrive at the hospital at 9:30 and things will get going from there. My husband will be there with me the whole time so I'll have some pretty good company. :-) So far this has been mentally rough. I have heard it compared to a cocaine addict getting a surgery to cure his addiction. Yes, it will be great for him and his life will be dramatically improved, but there are certainly some aspects of his old life that he is going to miss. For me, my addiction is sugar. I love it! The thought of spending the next chapter on my life on sugar-free/ low sugar food is very difficult. The challenge now is to find alternative ways of fun, joy, and relaxation that doesn't involve food. Though I am nervous, I am ready for that challenge.

I am all packed and ready to go! Some of the essentials that I packed include:

  • Undies
  • Gas-X chew-able 
  • Sweatpants and other comfy clothing 
  • Sports bra (There is no way I'm letting those ladies hang free all day!) 
  • Entertainment 
  • Food for my husband. 
At this point I don't know if I will be spending 1 or 2 nights in the hospital. My doctor said that most of the patients go home after 1 night unless there are having problems drinking enough fluids or having severe nausea. I am so hoping for one night! My poor husband decided that he didn't want to get a room anywhere and the hospital doesn't have cots, so he'll be sleeping in a chair or on the floor. It may be uncomfortable but I also think it is very sweet of him to not want to leave me <3

I'll update as soon as I can to share how the surgery went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment