Saturday, December 17, 2011

Psalm 139:14

Today I started thinking about my own self view. I realized that I really am selling myself short. Whenever somebody calls me beautiful or pretty I always just shrug them off thinking that they are just "being nice". I find it hard to be proud of my accomplishments because there was always something that I made a mistake on or could have done better. The thing that shocked me the most was when I started to think of things that I didn't like about myself. The list seemed to go on forever.... I'm too short, my head is too small, my body is too big, I have man calves,and the list just seemed to go on and on.. Despite my negative attitude about myself I need to realize that this is NOT the truth. 


In order to be successful in this journey toward heath and fitness I need to both understand and believe the truth 


The truth is:


I AM beautiful


I AM fearfully and and wonderfully made


I AM strong


God does NOT make junk


I CAN be successful 


I AM LOVED 


:) The journey toward health and fitness isn't just working out and eating better. It requires a mental determination as well. I think this has been where I have failed in the past. I start doubting myself and then things begin to fall apart after that. I need to stay strong and believe the truths above. I'm going to make this time different!  

1 comment: