Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Vacation

 As I expected Christmas vacation has presented me with quite a bit of challenges. I'm in Brooklyn with my family for the holidays and it has been hard to find the motivation to get out and exercise. The weather had been kinda meh as well and I think that has been affecting my mood.   I think that what I am going to start doing is there is a water aerobics class 3 days a week at one of the local  high schools. Generally it is a bunch of older ladies that do it but water aerobics can be a good workout if you put enough effort into it. I honestly am just ready to get back to Houghton where I have more options for exercise and cook for myself.

It has also been difficult to make good food choices. My dad is an absolutely amazing cook and of course I got chocolate in my stocking. I'm trying my best to go through it slowly but sweets have always been one of my weak areas. Just something I need to work on :) I'm starting to look for healthier options for whenever I have a sweet tooth. Well, one step at a time a guess. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, I just have to keep going. :)

1 comment: