Tuesday, January 14, 2014

'Core & More' Fitness Class

Welp, I actually did it! I went to (and survived) a group fitness class... A REAL class with REAL fit people. There were even 4 varsity volleyball players in there and of course they had to be wearing their super short tight shorts things. I'm pretty sure not even an inch of those girls jiggled one bit... With that being said I did feel awfully out of place in the beginning. There were huge mirrors covering the walls and I almost turned right around when I realized I would have to watch myself bounce around like an uncoordinated idiot.  Luckily I found my place in the newbie corner and started feeling much more comfortable after that :-)

The class was about 50 minutes around and starts with 30 minutes of aerobic 'warm ups' followed by a 20 minute toning session. I felt like I did pretty well during the first part. There was music being played as I found that as long as I kept to the beat I was able to keep up and not fall over myself. The last 20 minutes were HARD! I did modified versions of all the exercises and still died a little each time the lovely words "One more time" came out of that beautiful woman's mouth. Seriously she was drop dead gorgeous. Talk about motivation! Overall I really enjoyed myself but am not looking forward to the soreness tomorrow morning. It seems my body is taking longer to recover with less calories. Next class is Wednesday night! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment