Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fitness Class

This week is dollar days week at the fitness center. This means that anybody can go and try a fitness class for just $2! This is a great idea for somebody like me who hasn't ever taken a fitness class before and doesn't know what they are like. With dollar days I can try out a different fitness classes and find out if they are for me. I had been debating doing a fitness class for a while but I was concerned that after I pay for the class that I wouldn't like it. The nice thing  is that because I am a student they are a reduced cost if I do decide to go for it! So far I have tried a class called ultimate conditioning (scary name huh) and I hope to try spinning and aerobic kickboxing. The hardest thing for me is actually getting to the class because they are early in the morning.

Ultimate conditioning. Ouch. :) I tried it out yesterday morning and it was pretty intense. We started out with doing a TON of lunges and squats. I remember looking at the clock and 10 minutes in my legs were shaking so bad! Just when I didn't think I could handle much more we got weights and exercise bands to work our arms. This wasn't nearly as bad because I chose a fairly thin band ( i know i'm a wimp!) We also did a lot of ab work and a variety of stuff with an exercise ball. I feel that most of these exercises I could have done at home for free but there was a lot of things that I really loved about being in a group atmosphere. They played music the whole time so everything seemed very exciting. Being in a group was also extremely motivating. I don't think I would have ever pushed myself that hard or had done as many reps if I didn't have somebody in front telling me to keep going and seeing everybody else around me work hard and not give up. My favorite thing (and kinda my least favorite thing at the same time) was that I had gotten my workout in before 8am! I didn't have to think about it for the rest of the day. I felt very proud of myself and spent the rest of the day getting through the first day of spring semester. :)

So that was yesterday, and today I hurt sooo bad in so many places. At least it is a "hurt so good" type of pain :) I am discovering muscles that I didn't even know I had! I am also learning how often I use my abs. I am very glad I tried that class and I hope to try out more this week. :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Sarah! That's a great idea for the fitness center to have dollar days! Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the the morning workouts; hate getting up to do them but it's always a great feeling getting them done. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! So hard but so worth it! Thank you for following me :)

      Delete