Thursday, July 10, 2014

WIAW (What I ate Wednesday) #1

Hello All!

I've been asked by a few people to share my food logs, and while I think what you eat is a very personal thing I know that I benefited when other people have shared theirs with me. Not only did they give me some great healthy meal  ideas, but I was encouraged by their honesty and willingness to put that out there. Since one of my goals this month is track my food intake honestly and accurately, I figured I would start sharing my WIAW or 'What I ate Wednesday'. Heck, at least it will help motivate me to make better choices on Wednesday's right? :-)

I would like everybody to keep in mind that I am a bariatric surgery patient, and that my diet is under constant doctor supervision. Remember to talk to your doctor before making any major changes in your diet. Even among bariatric patients there is a ton of variance over the amount of food we are able to eat. Instead of including the calorie/macro information for my WIAW, I be making comments on why or why not it was a good food choice (Example: High protein, low sugar, etc...) If you are interested in my specific calorie or other diet restrictions please feel free to private message me over on my facebook page, or follow me on myfitnesspal

Breakfast: Mocha Frappe Protein Shake  - high protein, low carb, low sugar 

  • One Cup Unsweetened Almond milk
  • One Scoop Chocolate Unjury 
  • One tablespoon instant coffee
  • One tablespoon unsweetened coco powder 
  • Three ice cubes 





Morning Snack: 1/2 serving Fiber One Chocolate Cereal - low sugar, high fiber



Lunch: Mix the tasty things together: Fresh fruit, high protein, high fiber

  • One serving Fiber One cereal
  • One serving Fage 0% plain greek yogurt sweetened with one squirt liquid stevia
  • 1/2 cup local strawberries 





Dinner: So yummy  - Low carb, high protein, fresh veggies 

  • Salad with feta cheese, grape tomatoes, lettuce from my garden and low cal dressing
  • Hillshire Farm - Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast, 2 oz.
  • One garlic herb Laughing Cow cheese wedge




Dessert: One serving Praline Pumpkin Seeds - Higher fat, higher sugar, difficult to only eat one serving



Evening Snack(s): Wasabi peas and Quest Bar
Peas - fulfilled crunchy snack craving, higher carb
Quest - fulfilled sweet tooth, high protein, high fiber, low carb, high calories for a snack



Well I hope you enjoyed my first WIAW :)

What are you thoughts? Would you prefer to see specific macro information or does putting this this way help to avoid the comparison game/over analyzing? I just want to encourage people to make food choices based on what is good for their bodies instead of pure calorie intake. I'm open for suggestions :)

with love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment