Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Low(er) carb update

I mentioned earlier that I was going to try to experiment with lower carbs this month because my trend of higher carbs = higher cravings. So far things have been going ok at best on this front. I haven't been consistent enough to get a handle on what my body needs. I've had a few good days, but it seems like life always takes over by offering me a s'more or something else delicious soon after (no I can NOT say no to s'mores). However I have been able to successfully create some lower carb meals such as this portobello mushroom pizza seen below.



I also have a new obsession with kale chips! I honestly think I like them better than potato chips despite the disgusted looks Micah gives me when I make them. I was lucky enough to stumble upon some locally grown kale that was just out of this world!

I'm going to continue to work on having more low(er) carb options. At this point I want to avoid following a specific program (like Adkins) because I want to make sure my diet is balanced and sustainable. However if I continue to struggle with consistency I may start to follow something. Sugar is my biggest enemy right now, so we shall see.

In other news I have a 5-mile race coming up this Saturday!! I am SO excited for it and am really hoping to finish in under my current best time of 71 minutes. I've heard rumors that the last 2 miles are up hill so it will be a challenge for sure!

Leading up to the race here is my current workout plan! Hopefully I'll be rested enough

Tuesday (today): Elliptical weight loss program (30min) + C25K week one at 6mph (fast for me!)
Wednesday: 1,500 yrd swim
Thursday: Hike Isle Royale (2-6 miles depending) <----- This is part of my amazing summer job!
Friday: Lots of Stretching + 2 mile walk around the lake
Saturday: The Canal Run!!! 5 miles

With love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment