Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Husband approved turkey BBQs with Sargento Cheese!

Hello!

I've been super busy finishing up my student teaching so I haven't gotten around to blogging much lately. Looking forward to summer and having more (too much?) time to relax and get my act together! Today I am excited to share with you a recipe that my little family just loves! The best part is that it can be sleeve (tiny tummy) friendly as well.

I've been experimenting with turkey in my cooking a lot lately because of the lower fat content but so far have had little luck impressing my picky husband. I've even tried to 'sneak it in' but he can always tell. When I finally found something that he actually enjoyed, I was ecstatic!

I based this recipe off of the Sargento Cheese website found here. I actually received some Sargento Ultra Thin cheese slices complimentary of Influenster to test and review.  If you haven't heard of Influenster I'd highly encourage you to check it out! It's a pretty sweet website where you can review the latest products. Sometimes you may even qualify for a Voxbox, which is when they send you free samples of the latest products to review. Well anyway, I received my Sargento Cheese slices in a Voxbox and I just LOVE them! They are all less than 40 calories a slice, and the thickness is perfect for my ham and cheese roll-ups. :-)

So, where were we? Ah, Turkey BBQs! 



Ingredients

1 lb ground turkey breast

3/4 cup BBQ Sauce

1/2 diced red onion

Sargento Ultra Thin Cheese slices 

Directions 

Cook turkey until no longer pink, Add onion and BBQ Sauce and simmer 3-4 minutes or until heated through, Place on bun and top with cheese, Serve warm 


The nutrition facts can vary a ton based on the type of BBQ sauce and bun you use, but mine turned out to be around 300 calories and 31 grams of protein! Enjoy!



P.S - If you are interested in joining influenster I have plenty of invites left, so all you have to do is ask and I can get you set up :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment