Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Indoor Triathlon


When my student gym membership at Michigan Tech expired I went back and forth for quite a long time whether I should renew my membership there or go with the small town local gym 0.4 miles from my house. Even though the local gym was more expensive, I am SO glad that ended up being my choice! It really feels like home :-) Not only am I getting to know my neighbors, but I'm also getting lots of personalized tips and attention from the trainers, AND they do these awesome challenges to motivate us such as the Indoor Yooper Triathlon!



This challenge just wrapped up a few days ago and lasted for around a month. In the beginning we got to choose what level of  'Yooper' we were and then complete the required number of minutes required for running (treadmill), biking, and hiking (elliptical or stair-master). I chose the 'Super Yooper' category so I had to do 380 minutes of running, 360 biking, and 340 hiking. Since I finished my challenge I now get put into a drawing for a prize. Isn't that fun or what??

No comments:

Post a Comment