Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Half marathon training week 2!

Hi friends!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement with my week 1 post! Week 2 also went well, but I'm starting to realize how difficult this is going to become when I start my long term sub position at the end of this month. I simply have NO motivation to workout after I get home from school. The question is will I hate working out after school or early in the morning more. Time will tell!

The 2nd week:

Day 1: Cross training - 40 minutes! I did about 30 minutes on the elliptical and then some lifting. 

Day 2: Easy run + body weight exercises 
-Run, easy pace, 30 minutes 
- Cool down, 5-10 minutes
- Stretch 
- Squats, push-ups, lunges, plank

Day 3: Cross training - I tried out a total body fitness class. By far one the the more difficult classes that I've taken! 

Day 4: Easy run - I was SORE from the day before and wasn't sure if this run would happen. Thankfully I only had to run for 20 minutes so I busted it out and went home for a long Epsom salt bath with essential oils! 
- walk, brisk pace, 10 minutes
- run, easy pace, 20 minutes 
- cool down 5-10 minutes
- stretch 

Day 5: Choice between yoga or rest day. I chose rest day! (I still can't seem to get into yoga) 

Day 6:  Choice between swimming, pilates, or aerobics - I chose to try a cardio drumming class. I was NOT a fan!! As a former drummer in marching band I almost had to leave because everybody was so off beat and it was driving me nuts! I won't be going back to that one! 

Day 7:  Long run
- walk, brisk pace, 15 minutes
- run, easy pace, 30 minutes
- cool down, 5-10 minutes
- stretch


Because everyone loves a pinterest motivational image right ? :-) This one really stood out to me today. I am getting STRONGER! Can't wait to see what the next few months have to bring! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm training for a half too! Mine is in May! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! Mine is in May as well :D which one are you doing?

      Delete