Friday, August 31, 2012

First Weigh-In

This last Sunday I weighed in for the first time after starting weight watchers. Since I started the program during the week, and set Sundays as my weigh in day, the first one was after only 5 days on the program. I was actually pretty nervous, especially since I had been restraining myself from checking early :P

The result?   DOWN 3.8 in the first 5 days. :)

I was pretty happy about this. I read that a 'healthy' rate of weight loss is around 2-3 lbs a week, and that if you lose much faster than this it can be a little bit more difficult to keep it of. Well since i'm going for the permanent fix I figure that slow and steady is an ok way to go. My next weigh-in is in about 2 days and i'm hoping to be about 6 lbs down from my starting weight. (though i wouldn't complain if it was a little more)  We will see. I have been enjoying my ice-cream a lot lately. :-)

Another thing I have been doing lately is putting my snacks in to serving size baggies.

I have found out that what I would usually guess as a single serving is more is more like 2. Opps! This is something I am glad to have had my eyes opened to and I will most certainly be paying much more attention to portion sizes in the future!

Over all things are going well :-) I'm looking forward to updating people with this next week's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment